Sunday, January 08, 2006

Why Do You Blog?

Anyone who wanders about bloggerland to see what others are doing soon realizes that people "blog" for very different reasons. Some seek to connect while others seek to expose or shock. Some seek to influence, teach or moralize while others seek to explore and find answers.  Some make us think while others stir our anger. Some make us laugh while others make us cry. While a good number of blogs have explored what makes a "good" blog, opinion and practice varies. The only sure thing one can say is that the blog is truely an expression of its writer.

Why does gentlefootprint blog? I don't claim to have all of life's answers. I have however had the privilege to experience, either by myself or by walking side by side in support of others, almost every possible high and low, joy and sorrow, accomplishment and hardship in life imaginable. These experiences are for me building blocks that I can put on the table with an open mind and the insights of others to answer life's perplexing questions and find meaning, purpose and peace. When I post, it is important that I keep it simple, to the point and brief and do not leave the reader asking "So what?"

Why do you blog? Please read over every post you've ever written for your blog and select the one post that best exemplifies who you are and why you blog, the post that best defines you. I welcome and would appreciate your comment below sharing the title and date of the post you have chosen. Finally, I am suggesting that to commemorate the upcoming Martin Luther King Jr holiday on Monday, January 16th everyone repost the defining post you have selected here.

No comments: