Friday, January 20, 2006

GOD Checks In to Follow Up...

[GOD] So how do you think my answers to the questions went, gentle?
[gentle] I think they really appreciate what you're saying, but i don't know...
[GOD] You don't know what?
[gentle] This bringing everybody together as one... I don't think we can get everybody to buy into it.
[GOD] Why?
[gentle] I'm afraid some who really love you and want to do your will think you're message here is watered down, a "feel good" drug to make us all feel warm and fuzzy.
[GOD] Can I ask a question?
[gentle] Of course...
[GOD] Just what is "feel good" or "warm and fuzzy" about having a GOD, whose capable of fixing anything and everything, instead insisting that you learn to put aside your differences and come together as one to fulfill my purpose, to unite all my gifts so you can do the work for yourselves?
[gentle] I think they figure this "all become one" thingy isn't your purpose at all, that it's about a personal relationship.
[GOD] Now wait a minute, gentle. Didn't I tell you I only work with one savior at a time? Dig... I'm all knowing, right? Why would I want the hassle of dealing with a multitude of individual know-it-alls? Nope, my plan is one leader for people to follow.
[gentle] I think they're referring to a personal relationship with Jesus.
[GOD] We talked about that, my son and I did. I had my reservations, but he insisted. You know how it is with kids... they always think they know more than the old man does. He figured by promising to always be with you it might just be enough umph to keep you focused on becoming one. By the way, I thought he made things pretty clear about my purpose... Did he not say he hoped you would all become one like he and I are one? Or did you goofs leave that out of the bible?
[gentle] No, it's there...
[GOD] Like I said, I never stopped talking to you but you figured you had it all in the holy book so you stopped listening. Can you tell me where in the bible did I ever say, "the end?"
[gentle] You didn't...
[GOD] Bingo! Maybe the holy book was a big mistake... You stopped listening to me and took off shooting from your mouths. You were given two ears and one mouth for a reason...
[gentle] Anyway, I'm discouraged. I don't know if we're going to be able to get this done...
[GOD] Be patient, gentle. I've been waiting 2000 years. We're planting a seed here. If it lands in open minds, steady hearts and faithful spirits, it'll take root and grow.
[gentle] *sigh* I hope so... I really hope so...

© Copyright 2006 gentlefootprint. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: