Thursday, January 12, 2006

GOD IM'd me... Again!

[GOD] Sup gentlefootprint?
[gentle] GOD?
[GOD] Thad b me! U got a minute?
[gentle] U give 'em 2 me... Of courseI do!
[GOD] I'm discouraged, gentle.
[gentle] So am I. What discourages u, GOD?
[GOD] I'm stumped... How come u humans just don't get it? Sometimes I wonder if it's me who's doing something wrong.
[gentle] You can't do anything wrong. U R GOD!!!
[GOD] I was lookin in a mirror u know... when I fashioned u guys down here. I gave u every one of my best qualities!
[gentle] Yeah... I've known ppl who have thought that...
[GOD] No. I couldn't give all of my qualities out to any one person cuz then they'd have no reason to pay any attention to me. U know it can get pretty lonely being GOD sometimes.
[gentle] Lonely? Y most everybody cares about u!
[GOD] But it's the way they go about it. ppl r so busy trying to go thru all the right motions that they don't know how to just bequiet, sit still and spend some quality time with me.
[gentle] Not many look at it that way.
[GOD] Anywho, I took every one of my best qualities and divided them up amongst all of u. That's y it's so important that I get to know every one of ya b4 ur even born!
[gentle] I've heard that. U really call each of us by name?
[GOD] and count every one of the hairs on ur heads. Sometimes I get tired doing all that counting, that's y some folks like Dr. Phil don't have many. I got tired... or distracted.
[gentle] Well I'm glad u weren't tired or distracted when u counted mine!
[GOD] One.
[gentle] Huh?
[GOD] The only number that matters is one. U know the talk about u all being one? If u ppl can ever get ur act together, if u can figure out how to be one, how to pool the qualities I gave to each one of ya, u will have everything u need to accomplish anything under the sun... No more suffering, no more war, no more disaster or disease or even death! U know I don't get off sittin down up there watching u fail miserably. I want u to have fun playing the game. And I want u to win!
[gentle] There aren't many ppl who look at it that way.
[GOD] That disappoints me. U have ppl down here ministering in my name all over the place. What r they doing, anywho?
[gentle] I think ppl's intentions r good, but sometimes it seems they wind up caring more about the temple or church or mosque. They lose sight of it being ultimately about you.
[GOD] U going to b able to turn things around down here 4 me? I'm counting on u.
[gentle] I don't know. I'm just one person. U could have picked someone better than I... A network exec maybe who could make ur message a hit tv show! Or maybe get someone over there at FOX News. Or if u r dead set on the net u could have chosen someone like Dan... He's got a huge following over there on Theologian's Cafe!
[GOD] U got it in u kid. I know... I put it in there. I believe in u! It's not about how many ppl u have contact with or talk to, it's about how many hearts u can touch... and I know u can touch hearts.

No comments: