Tuesday, September 13, 2005

What Are You Looking For?

Because there are multiple spiritual paths and each of us advances along the path of his choosing at different rates, we may not find such a common thread when considering what our number one spiritual need or hunger is. When I started to think of examples, I realized early on that such a list could be endless.

My number one spiritual hunger is for community. Since becoming a xanganian a month ago, I have met and connected with some of the most incredibly amazing people representing a vast diversity of spiritual maturity and insight. Although there can be some degree of satisfaction entering into "virtual" relationships or community, "knowing" these people has stirred a longing to surround myself with their likes. I wonder what it would be like if we could live together in a small village out in the middle of nowhere. What kind of community might be possible? Imagine being nurtured, inspired, recharged in such a place! I know such a community could help me rise and ascend to the next level.

Expressing my own greatest longing is in no way intended to stifle or limit your own reflection for it is in the richness of a diverse response that we find ourselves most enriched. In that spirit, today's question is:...

What is your number one spiritual need at this moment in your life? What represents your greatest spiritual hunger? What are you looking for?

© Copyright 2005 gentlefootprint. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: