Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Where I'm Supposed To Be

From time to time I catch myself in a funk, questioning whether my life has any meaning or purpose. I feel an aching dissatisfaction, that there is so much more inside of me that neither my life nor my circumstances allow me to celebrate, express or give. One of the principles Dr. Wayne Dyer espouses for happiness and peace is to avoid dying with your music still in you. Within each and every one of us is a unique song that only you can sing by the life you lead. But sometimes life doesn't seem to be interested in me singing my song.

When I'm facing the blues I have to remind myself of all those times looking back when it felt like someone somewhere was watching out for me, when luck or fate was actually on my side and I was spared from having to go down very dark or difficult roads. Recalling those occasions renews an appreciation that God does have something special in store for me, even though it doesn't always seem that way.

How cool it would be if each of us could author the unique way we would contribute to life and the world, if each could write his own legacy. Some are given that opportunity but for me, like the vast majority, God has his own ideas. For that reason I have no choice but to keep my focus on cherishing what I have rather than feeling sorry for myself over what is missing. While keeping an open mind, heart and spirit, I will look around and about me for the doors of opportunity to swing wide to let me in. Until then I believe I am right where I'm supposed to be...

© Copyright 2006 gentlefootprint. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: